- For Faculty / Inventors
- For Students / Start-ups
- For Industry
- Our Ecosystem
- News & Events
The education and training of the entrepreneurially-minded individual is an important part of the entrepreneurial education process. Beyond methodologies and know-how, aspiring entrepreneurs require the right networks and contacts. At NTUitive’s Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme, entrepreneurially inclined students are provided with the opportunity to combine a 1 year internship in a start-up company and study at a prestigious partner university.
Our programme is intended to contribute to NTU’s vision of an NTU Education that will nurture important life-skills in leadership, cultural competence and entrepreneurial thinking. With proper academic planning, the internship programme will contribute to academic course requirements, with no extension of degree candidature. Students will get to intern in vibrant start-up communities in our pilot programme in the United Kingdom (London) and China (Beijing/Shanghai). The programme ties up with, among other top universities, Imperial College in London, Tsinghua/Peking University in Beijing and Fudan/Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai.
With NTU’s fast-rising global reputation and track record of strong partnerships with industry leaders, the Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme is the programme for you to develop your entrepreneurial dreams and passion. Do not miss out on this invaluable opportunity. Let the experience work for you.
1) August 2016 – July 2017
2) January 2017 – December 2017
Profile of Applicants:
This is a highly selective programme designed for entrepreneurially-inclined, detailed oriented individuals with a keen interest to start their own business. Candidates should either be technically inclined or possess good social media skills, have high energy levels and like to deal with people. (Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents are preferred).
Expectation from Participants
• Submit regular entrepreneurial focused articles
• Participate in the on-going Career Aspiration Survey
• Submit internship quarterly reports
|Business Proposal||• Submit a business proposal at the end of the internship|
|Entrepreneurial Workshops||• Organize an entrepreneurial workshop per batch|
|Entrepreneurial Education||• Take up to 2/4 entrepreneurial based modules and obtain at least a C (or equivalent) grade|
|Programme code of conduct||
• To display excellent attitude during the internship
• To uphold reputation of NTUitive and NTU at all times
• To be a good ambassador for the programme
• To actively help out in marketing campaigns and road shows
• To participate in selection interviews
• To provide mentorship to future students
• To contribute to the eco-system of the programme
• To actualize the business proposal with support from NTUitive incubation and mentorship team
|Paid by NTUitive*||Paid by Student|
|1 x return air ticket||Startup Costs e.g.
• Furniture and initial set-up
• Daily needs
Fees if candidature extension is required
* This is subjected to a cap limit of the country of internship
How To Apply?
Please submit the following to NTUitive Pte Ltd.
1) Application Form (Download)
2) A copy of your resume (with recent photo)
3) A copy of your latest Degree Audit
4) An essay of not more than 300 words indicating
a. why you will make a good candidate
b. your entrepreneurial aspirations
c. how you will benefit from the programme
Nanyang Technological University – NTUitive Pte Ltd
16 Nanyang Drive, Innovation Centre, #01-109
August 2016 – July 2017 batch (Application deadline: 30 November 2015)
January 2017 – December 2017 batch (Application deadline: 15 Apr 2016)
For enquiries, please contact:
Evelyn Gay (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to welcoming you to the programme!